- 34 weeks pregnant…which means my kid is more or less 6 weeks away from making her debut. What?
- Drinking Archer Farms French Roast coffee. I like medium/dark blends and this one is a winner in my book. Just the right amount of depth without being bitter.
- Reveling in how incredibly generous and thoughtful my friends are. This past weekend, my friends Lucy and Amanda threw little miss and me a surprise Lilly Pulitzer themed baby shower! Assisted by my husband, they were able to invite all sorts of folks, some I hadn’t seen since the wedding almost two years ago! It was so nice to share this special time with so many people. Feeling so incredibly blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life!
- Oohing and Ahhing over Jess‘s work! She was in on the surprise shower and came up to take maternity photos for Ale and I in littlemiss’s nursery. We had originally planned to take outdoor pics but the weather ended up being dreary and drizzly but Jess made it work!! And afterwards, she suggested we drive to Lucy’s house for lunch as a way to get me to the shower! Sneaky!!
credit: Jessica Faith Photography
- Wondering when I’ll blog the nursery for you. It’s finally complete! I’m in love. And I hope you’ll love it too! I definitely sit in it sometimes and quietly soak up the happiness I feel at little miss’s impending arrival. Soon!…But hopefully not too soon! I tell her, TAKE YOUR TIME! DON’T RUSH! Meanwhile, her father is like, HURRY UP!! Dear baby, don’t listen to him.
And with that, lemme stop before I make you all sick with my sappiness! Thanks for stopping by!
We finally put our stamp on our home this past weekend! We changed something minor which led to a big improvement. We have a U-shaped kitchen with stupid floating cabinets above the peninsula. I’ve hated those cabinets since I first laid eyes on them in the house listing pictures. I thought, if we end up in this house, that’s the first thing to go! Disclaimer: The actual first thing to go was the dog run in the backyard but Ale removed that the first weekend we moved in and that didn’t really bother me so it doesn’t count, haha.
We kept talking about removing the cabinets for months but Ale finally did something about it on Saturday night. He was sitting on the kitchen counter and said, “All right, going to take the cabinets down.” Just like that! Did I mention he’s having sympathy pregnancy symptoms and also has serious case of nesting?
So armed with his trusty electric screwdriver, a pile of books, and some barstools, he pulled down the cabinets which really opened up the kitchen:
The same lighting is on in both pictures but look how dark and cave-like the cabinets made the space! Now we have to choose some pendant lighting to go above the peninsula as well as patch up that hole you see in the suffit in the “after” picture (not Ale’s fault, it was hiding under the cabinets all along).
So what do you think? We are slowly but surely making the house our own!
We are supposedly in store for quite a snow storm ’round these here parts. I’m in the “yay snow” camp because I’m fortunate enough to work for a university that has snow days!
What do I need when “stuck” indoors? (Stuck being used loosely here because I LOVE being snowbound): 2 dozen eggs, a freshly opened bag of flour, sugar, and 4lbs of butter! Oh and prayers that the electricity doesn’t go out because my oven is electric, eep! My back-up plan is to run over to the neighbors house because they have gas. (Wipes brow)
If you happen to be stuck indoors too, may I suggest you bake/make:
Barefoot Contessa’s Lemon Yogurt Cake (I subbed lime for lemon, greek yogurt for the regular yogurt, and coconut oil for the vegetable oil)
Two Peas and their Pod Lemon Sugar Cookies (pillowy centers and crisp edges, soo good! You won’t be able to stop at one!)
Waffles from Allrecipes.com (they freeze well so you can make a big batch and enjoy them over the week)
Old Fashioned Pancakes from Allrecipes.com (these also freeze well)
Hey and who knows, maybe with the extra free time, I’ll get to work on more art for the nursery! It’s coming along so swimmingly, I can’t wait to show you!
What do you like to do/eat on a snow day?